The purpose of this Statement is to let users of clockworxnz.wordpress.com know when we collect personal information and what we do with it. BIomimetic Clockworx takes website users’ privacy very seriously. Any personal information supplied, collected or received via this website is not to be used, shared or disclosed except as set out in this statement in accordance with the Privacy Act and Regulations 1993 and the Health Information Privacy Code 1994.
This document was created and may be replicated using a Contractology template available at http://www.contractology.com under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 UK: England & Wales License
This privacy statement applies to personal information collected through the Biomimetic Clockworx website: clockworxnz.wordpress.com. It also includes how personal information is treated if you contact Biomimetic Clockworx.
You can use clockworxnz.wordpress.com without disclosing any personal information. Biomimetic Clockworx is committed to opt-in rather than opt-out permission management.
1. Voluntary disclosure of personal information
You may choose to voluntarily provide personal information through this website (e.g. in comments, questions or feedback). This information will be viewable by site administrators, Biomimetic Clockworx Vested Partners (as appropriate) and sometimes third-party contractors who administrate or work on the site.
2. Collection of personal information
Biomimetic Clockworx may ask you to provide some personal information when you complete an online form. Biomimetic Clockworx may collect the following kinds of personal information that you provide for the purpose of:
- subscribing to the website services (including First name and email address);
- contacting Biomimetic Clockworx or booking an appointment via the website (including First name, Surname, email address, and contact number);
- registering with the website (including First name, Surname, position title, business name, business email address, business contact number, business website and social media accounts);
- down loading a resource or claiming a free offer via the website (including First Name, Surname, email address, business name, Postal address and website);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including First name, Surname, date of birth, contact number, email address, business name and postal address);and
- any other information that you send to Biomimetic Clockworx
If you wish to work with Biomimetics Clockworx, you will be required to register your details with us in order to create an account, maintain a profile, apply for projects, sign up for and receive alerts, and manage any applications.
3. Use of personal information
Biomimetic Clockworx will generally only use personal information provided to us through this website for the purpose you provided it. We may also use personal information provided to us through this website for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act and Regulations (e.g. with your consent, for a directly related purpose, or where the law permits or requires it). Biomimetic Clockworx may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications
Member contact details are published in the members’ area of the website so that members can contact each other directly. To ensure you are kept fully informed, Biomimetic Clocworx may contact you by mail, email or other means of communication to provide you with information on your requested service or product. We may also provide you with information, special offers, research, products & services. Biomimetic Clockworx sends regular newsletters via email to members with industry news, tips, in-sights and blog posts. You can unsubscribe at any time using a link at the bottom of each e-mail message.
Biomimetic Clockworx has a zero-tolerance spam policy, in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act & Regulations 2007. In the context of electronic messaging, spam refers to unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, typically sent for a commercial purpose. While the most common form of spam is unwanted email, it can also include fax, instant messaging, or mobile phone messages. Each member is given the opportunity to opt out of the services under Section 3 upon registering. If you wish to opt out of receiving such information at a later date, please email [subscriptions@website]. In the unlikely event that you do receive any message from Biomimetic Clockworx or sent using Biomimetic Clockworx’s systems that may be considered to be spam, please contact by phoning [phone number] and asking for the Privacy Officer, and the matter will be investigated. For further reference please see our [ANTI-SPAM POLICY].
5. Call Recording
As part of Biomimetic Clockworx commitment to providing the best possible service to our customers we record all Telephone and Skype calls. This helps us to identify ways that we can provide you with a better service. We record calls:
- for staff training purposes, helping us to improve the quality of our customer service and to ensure the information we provide is consistent and accurate;
- for interviewing and consultation purposes, ensuring we have an accurate record, enable transcription and facilitate compilation of case studies;
- so we can find ways to simplify our service to you; and
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call, which may be needed to support any transactions that take place over the phone and/or if there is a dispute
We understand your personal information is important to you, and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We store the recordings securely for two years and destroy them after this period. Unless we have lawful reason for withholding this information, it will be made available if you request access to a transcript of your call by phoning [phone number] and asking for the Privacy Officer.
6. Disclosure of personal information
Biomimetic Clockworx will generally not share personal information that is provided or collected through this website, unless it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which you gave us the information (e.g. to investigate a complaint) or where you consent. Biomimetic Clockworx will not otherwise disclose personal information provided or collected through this website unless required or otherwise permitted by law. Where Biomimetic Clockworx discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Biomimetic Clockworx may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights. Biomimetic Clockworx may also be required to disclose information under the Official Information Act 1982 or to a Parliamentary Select Committee or Parliament in response to a Parliamentary Question.
7. Records and retention of personal information
Biomimetic Clockworx will only retain personal information as long as it is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used. Where any information provided (which may include personal information) to or through this site constitute public records, it will be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. Any record (which may include personal information) bound by legislative retention requirements shall be retained according to the applicable Act or Regulation binding it in Law.
8. Securing of personal information
When you provide personal information, it will be held by Biomimetic Clockworx. It may be stored or accessed on behalf of Biomimetic Clockworx by authorized third parties (such as third-party contractors) to the extent that is necessary, for example for them to administrate or work on the site. Biomimetic Clockworx will store and keep it secure in accordance with the Privacy Act and Regulations 1993 and the Health Information Privacy Code 1994, and agents will be subject to Biomimetic Clockworx information security and privacy requirements. Biomimetic Clockworx will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Biomimetic Clockworx will store all the personal information you provide [on its secure servers]. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
9. Cross-border transfer of personal information
10. Right of access and correction
You have the right to:
- find out from us whether we hold personal information about you;
- access that information; and, if applicable
- request corrections to that information
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. If Biomimetic Clockworx has a good reason for refusing a request for correction, you are entitled to request that a statement be attached to the information of the correction that was sought but not made. If you want to check personal information that we hold, please write to:
For more information on the privacy laws in New Zealand and contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, please visit the Privacy Commissioner’s website.
11. Statistical information
Biomimetic Clockworx collects statistical information about your visit to help us improve this site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. Information about your use of this website may including:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our Site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this Site;
- the device you used to access the site;
- your operating system (e.g. Windows XP, Mac OSX);
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- their incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser
The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by site administrators and certain other Biomimetic Clockworx Vested Partners. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
- Remarketing with Google Analytics;
- Google Display Impression Reporting;
- DoubleClick Platform integrations; and
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting
You can read Google’s privacy statement, and access a Google Analytics opt-out tool, at the Google Privacy Centre.
You can manually disable cookies at any time – check your browser’s ‘Help’ to find out how (disabling cookies will not affect your ability to use this website). When purchasing items/services via the various links in the Biomimetic Clockworx website you will be redirected to a third party shopping cart and then to a payments processor. We have no control over how these websites set cookies and you should read their cookie policies before proceeding with your use of their websites.
13. Other websites
This website contains links to other websites. Biomimetic Clockworx is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. For further reference please see our [LINKING POLICY].
14. Updating this statement
Contact Biomimetic Clockworx
- by email to [EMAIL ADDRESS]; or
- by post to [POSTAL ADDRESS]
This Website by Biomimetic Clockworx is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.